Tuesday, May 4, 2010

faith in things unseen

I just need to remember this when I have too much on my mind: I have faith in God... and God has faith in me.

No matter past cicumstances. No matter the judgements of others. Even when all other lights fade, even as friends come and go. Even as seasons change, and strength is challenged. Even when forgiveness is denied to the genuinely transformed heart. Even when forgiveness must be awarded to the undeserving and unrepenting. God is still the very same.

Even when doubt seems to grip every thought in every corner of my mind. God has faith in me. Even when I stress and worry when I know I shouldn't. God has faith in me.
Even when I hear whispers of failure that make me think twice. God has faith in me.


"Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. 'You have so little faith,' Jesus said. 'Why did you doubt me?'"

And when God is for me, who can be against me? Even when I don't think I can make it, He knows that I can.


In my weakness, His power is made all the more obvious.
In my insecurity, His stability is undeniable.
In my doubt, his clarity is defined and prominent.



//



I have just had so much on my mind lately... I can't help but to realize all the friends I have lost in the past few years. It breaks my heart. And for the longest time, I blamed myself because I have always had somewhat of a reclusive personality. But you know what... I may be reserved to a point, and I may not always talk first... but I always respond, and I am always there if I think I am needed in the least. I can't blame myslef entirely for lost friendships, it's just a part of life.

And of course, it's always hurtful when something said behind your back makes it back around to your ears. But then I am reminded that I am just as guilty of hurtful remarks as the next guy. I guess sometimes it's just a not so gentle reminder to filter your thoughts carefully before they come out of your mouth.
In some stituations, the only way for me to find peace about it is to learn from it myself... and what we choose to say has so much more power than we usually want to admitt.

makes me think of the whole "no one can tame the tongue" bit in james 3:3-12.

and a final thought...

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37

No comments:

Post a Comment